The best way to get a shitload of vegetables on my plate without it being boring! I'm on a proper healthy food kick right now, i went a bit nuts over crimbo and panto with booze and chocolate (but still lost 10 lbs?!?!?) My energy levels aint so fly and my skin isn't loving me either so hopefully sorting my food and getting back into a good exercise routine will help!
Nothing new here really. What it comes down to is the fact that i'm an attention seeking show off, i want everyone to laugh at my joke, cry at my speech, listen to my story! The reason i'm listing it as a favourite this week is because i've just finished panto which was the longest and most tiring run of shows i have ever done but the thing i'm missing the most right now!
I think it's a given that anyone who spends as much time on the Internet as me loves YouTube (either that or has a serious online porn addiction) but seriously this website has really become an invaluable resource for me, make-up tutorials, news videos, vocal warm-ups, yoga training vids. Whenever i get stuck about how to do something the first place i look for help is YouTube. A-MAZE-ING!
You think you know what tired is, then you do 16 performances of Cinderella, celebrate Winter Solstice, Christmas and New Years, continue on with your normal job, try to socialise and stay up late applying to uni all in a just under three week sized window. After that your so tired that you can't sleep and you feel like your limbs may fall off at any second, you'd walk over hot broken glass to get a good night's rest and you get sent home from work because you can't stop yawning.
5. My Friends.
I am a truly blessed lady when it comes to the people i have in my life. I may have had a terrible relationship with my mother, but i honestly believe my compensation has come in the form of amazing friends. I have been completely taken by surprise by some of them this last week in the best way possible. I may not have a whole ton of people but i have a handful who i know i can count on and that my dears, is a wonderful feeling!
1. Root Canal SUCKS! I didn't have a dentist for like, 8 years! And never once in that 8 years did i get toothache. Since having a dentist, pretty much all my teeth have been filled, i've paid god knows how much for massive amounts of pain and now i've had toothache for 3 long days whilst the nerves in my tooth are supposedly killed off. For all the good things in my life i am very grateful, but damn it i'm gonna moan about this because anything that means i can't chew caramels is lame.
2. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk is awesome! Just wrapped on the reading of this book. It is the bomb, i kid you not. If you like the film please read the book, please! I nearly started reading it again the day after i read the last page. Partly because i desperately need new things to read and partly because i loved it that much.
3. Sometimes it is okay to buy a box of chocolates for yourself. It really is. The ones i got were stupidly reduced in a "shit, we ordered to much for Christmas and now we can't shift it" sale and i am forcing myself to make them last in an effort to A: curb my chocolate eating and B: re-learn what eating nice chocolate is actually like (as opposed to just shovelling it in because it's there and grandma might eat them all if i don't).
4. It was good that i didn't blog for a while. I spent a long time feeling hugely guilty that i hadn't managed a post a day or even every couple of days but in all honesty i am so glad i just left it silent for a while. It means i now have a whole ton of inspiration and enough time to get it out in a semi-eloquent way. I would have hated to have read late December/early January's posts back in a few months and have just seen posts for the sake of posts.
5. It's not really a lesson learned so much as a skill or ongoing set of skills. But basically after the longest time of just putting it on auto and pointing and clicking i am now teaching myself how to properly use my camera and also how to do different techniques with it. My photography knowledge is okay, i did half a year of the subject for AS Level (i had to drop due to it being wayyyy too expensive) but i have lots of friends who take amazing pictures and i am a pretty quick learner so the only way is up!
As always i want to read your Favourites and Lessons Learned so make sure you post a comment or link me to a blog post!