Saturday 30 April 2011

April

April has been, an adventure : )

I spent my first few days of the month with my lovely pa. We had a father-daughter weekend and i decided we should spend it eating and drinking yummy English things like amazing cheese and roast beef and cider. We just hung out really, went to our favourite pub and got all my dollars and stuff sorted. It was really good.
A tiny bit ruined by a near catastrophe that i'll write about when it comes time to round up my trip, yeah, i'm gonna make you wait!
After my short "Farewell Weekend" Dad waved me off at the train station and i began my journey to Seattle, which is where i am now! Because i am doing this big Seattle themed post/set of posts after i get back to Brit-land i'm not going to open my mouth right now except to say that it has been amazing and although i'm ready to be flying home in 4 days i am sad to leave too. Now to let my pictures do the talking for a bit:


I'm quite gutted i didn't get any pictures of my weekend with Dad or my journey from Exeter to London. But to be fair to me the weekend was a mix of fun and terror so remembering my camera just didn't happen and then on the train to the airport i had to spend all my time desperately trying not to cry my eyes out due to the fact that the train was full and i really didn't want to scare the person i sat next to/the whole carriage.

Now back when i started these monthly posts i used to be a good blogger and i'd tell y'all about the music i listened to and the films i watched and the books i read. All of these things have been so important to me this month that i'm gonna make a return to form and talk about them! Basically i've had a lot of time in the evenings when i'm alone and films, music and books have stopped me going crazy from boredom and loneliness and brain death.

MUSIC
I was gonna list albums but i've actually been listening more to specific individual songs so i'll list those instead. This isn't everything that i've listened to obviously but it' the songs that stick out the most.
Chase & Status - Blind Faith, Midnight Caller and Heartbeat (Chase & Status Remix)
Adele - Rumour Has It and If It Hadn't Been For Love
Devlin - Brainwashed and his cover of Blind Faith
The Streets - Everything Is Borrowed
Mumford & Sons - The Cave
Ellie Goulding - Lights (Bassnectar Remix)
La Roux - In For The Kill (Skrillex Remix)
The Temper Trap - Conditions (yeah the whole album, it's the exception to the "specific songs rule")

FILMS
On the plane i watched the latest Harry Potter, the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and Love & Other Drugs (it was a 10 hour flight) I liked all of them but the Chronicles of Narnia was weak compared to the others! Since i've been in the states i've watched Whip It (AMAZING!) and Anchorman. Now, i've seen Anchorman so many times i can pretty much quote it at you all day long but you try resisting the urge to watch it after a couple weeks of watching the 5pm news in America, seriously.

BOOKS
Okay, this is where i surprised even myself. I have read so much
I have started and finished these books since i got here:
Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, Tank Girl, Eat Prey Love, and The Cavalier Poets: An Anthology. I've also started and half finished another two. And i'll probably go buy some more tomorrow : )

So overall, it's been an amazing April!
I can't really say whether it's gone fast or slow, i've been so relaxed most of the time that it just feels like the world has been passing me by at the perfect pace- not too quick and not too slow: just long enough to appreciate it and soak it in.
On this trip I've really learnt to live in the moment more, so all i'm going to say about May is: It will be what it will be and i hope it's amazing!
Hopefully all you lovelies had a great April, pleeeeease share any stories below, i love reading your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment