Friday 24 June 2011

Evil Twin

I'm not normally one for Labels/Designer Clothing. I like spending as little as possible because so much of my wardrobe is short term (i get bored easily!). I don't have an issue with paying more for better quality but part of me wrestles with the idea of paying for a name. Like, i'd love to own a Mulberry Alexa bag or a custom Vivienne Westwood dress but i also feel like i could employ an amazing leather worker or seamstress to create those things to an amzing standard of quality for me, at a fraction of the cost.
It's an eternal struggle my friends, i'd love to hear your views on it though so go nuts in your comments!

All of the above aside: on one of my lazy afternoons this week i went on a big ol' ASOS browse and stumbled across Evil Twin, here's what the ASOS blurb has to say about the label:
"Sydney-based label, Evil Twin, deliver a grungy, punk-inspired aesthetic throughout their stand-out collections. Fusing hard lines and gothic edges with feminine silhouettes, has become the signature Evil Twin style."
Loving that! Definitely an aesthetic i can relate to and one that i'm determined to werrrrrk this summer. Their size range isn't huge but most of the stuff is oversized so i wouldn't be afraid to try something if you like it.

These are some of my favourite pieces currently on their page and i actually ordered one yesterday so hopefully i can do an Evil Twin OOTD soon!

BLAZE OF GLORY DRESS - £75
LOST PROPHETS SHIRT - £41 (SALE PRICE)
HOT, HOT, HEAT CAPE - £95
TRAIL BLAZER STRIPED SHIRT - £95



No comments:

Post a Comment