Sunday 5 June 2011

May

May has been the fastest passing month of 2011 by a mile! So much so, i forgot to do this post on time. For the first couple of weeks after getting back from the States i felt very out of sync, it felt like i'd never left yet a whole month had passed so i was essentially a month behind, bad times.
I had such an amazing day yesterday and was dreading all the menial tasks i had to do today like washing and hoovering but then i remembered BMB was due a monthly round up so this is a very welcome relief from boring housework : )



I am so glad this month has been good. I was quite worried i'd be on my post holiday blues the whole time but in all honestly aside from a couple of moments where i missed Seattle i've been a proper happy chappy.
We've had consistently nice weather, i spent two weekends camping & reenacting, i met some new and pretty dang awesome people, it was my birthday, the list goes on and on.
The one thing i am a bit bummed over is that i FAILED at taking pictures. My promise for June is that you guys will get a seriously picture heavy end of month post.


MUSIC
As always; just listing the stuff that srsly sticks out.
Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta! (the whole album in it's awesome entirety)
Seasick Steve - My Home (Blue Eyes)
The Very Best of Otis Redding (again, the whole album)
Lady GaGa - Judas
Adele - Hiding My Heart

FILMS
Someone take me to the cinema, i haven't been in so, so long. It's a damn shame. I watched Little Miss Sunshine on the flight home right at the start of the month, what a cute and awesome film, so good! I guess May was a bad month for me and cinema.

BOOKS
I read Recorded Zombie Outbreaks and The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks but aside from those i've mostly been on a magazine binge. I was getting bored of glossy pages though so i'm pretty thankful to the person who has just lent me World War Z by Max Brooks : )

I always write this little bit at the end like "So this was an amazing month, so good blah blah blah" and it just occurred to me how much that makes it sound like i was expecting a shit time. I don't panic myself into a stupor on the 1st of every month thinking it's all going to crumble around me as the days pass, honest. I guess i just A: Need a way to end the post and B: Want to celebrate how awesome my life is!
So yeah, May was a fantastic month, I am so excited to see what June brings i'm finding it hard to contain myself! Love to y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment