Saturday 2 July 2011

June

 

From Top to Bottom
my lovely friend Catherine and I before going for drinks
a picture of me from a whole Saturday spent lounging by the river
home brewed mulled wine warming up by a fire
a gorgeous bright blue sky
my self done red leopard print pedicure
my happy face covered in glitter

I can't believe June is done. Gone. Bye-Bye. Kaput. Like, i just can't!
The other day i was talking with someone who i met at the start of June and i said it didn't feel like the time i'd known them had passed really quickly, but i take it back now. This month has flown by, faster than the speed of light!
It's been amazing & i can't quite believe i've managed to fit so much wonderful-ness into one month. There weren't necessarily big life changing events but i'm a sucker for the little things. The weather has been stunning and i've really enjoyed things like being able to just sit in my garden to eat lunch or drink my morning cuppa (told you, SUCKA for the small stuff) and to be honest i just think after a long dreary winter the sunshine is all i need to make me jolly!

MUSIC:

Katy B - On A Mission (whole album)
Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites (whole album)
Ray Charles - What'd I Say Parts 1 & 2 and I've Got A Woman
Dr. Dre - Gin and Juice
Bring Me Your Love - City and Colour (whole album)
Ed Sheeran - The A Team
Adele - Lovesong
Wretch 32 ft. Example - Unorthodox

FILMS:
I went to see the Hangover Part II which was hilarious and the night before i had to watch the first Hangover as i'd never seen it so yeah, sort of been quoting those two a bit. I also watched Adventureland which i thought was pretty cute so definitely recommend that for a boredom cure.

BOOKS:
I read World War Z by Max Brooks in 2 or 3 days so i have now read all his stuff, anyone with an ounce of interest in zombies should do the same; the man's a genius!


So that was June: Lightening Fast and Super Awesome.
It just occurred to me that we're now half way through 2011 and now my brain is like WHAAA, HALF WAY! I feel extremely blessed, the year so far has really been so good and brought me so much happiness. And, i still have so much to look forward to!
I'm an optimistic person most of the time, always trying to see the good in every situation but, like everyone, i've been through some shit and all i ever really wanted was to have a month or a week even where i could say i'd been happy and peaceful and content and the good far outweighed the bad. But i guess life back then had other plans. Here i am now though; happier than ever having had six straight months of bliss! Just goes to show that all you need to do is stay strong, have hope and good things will happen : )
Here's to six more months...

No comments:

Post a Comment