Saturday 10 July 2010

Dior Couture

John Galliano is amazing really.
I pretty much love anything he does.
And i love him and his whole look, he reminds me of a 17th or 18th century french artisan. The man looks like he made shoes for Marie Antionette, or at least i think so.

I loved the equestrian theme he did, with the bold reds and victorian//edwardian tailoring and the tops hats, oh my i loved the top hats!

But A/W 2010 has melted my brain it's so good.
I'm a massive nature lover and spend hours in the park or my garden, so i loved the fact he was inspired by flowers.


And the attention to detail like the florist's cellophane as hats and the rose thorn heels on the shoes was perfect and kept it fresh.


The other thing that popped straight into my mind was how much this collection reminded me of Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings.
I love the connection because O'Keeffe and Galliano are two artists i admire.




I know Galliano has said he was inspired by the garden of Christian Dior's childhood home but i haven't read a lot on the collection (I've just dribbled over pictures) so bear with me if he mentioned her and this sounds like I'm taking credits : )

Basically i don't have one negative thing to say.
Except maybe that I'm disappointed John didn't call me to model for him...

Delusional. I know.

Peace.x

P.S.
dior couture images taken from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment