Friday 16 July 2010

OOTD: Lace Dress and a Big Grey Cardi

Hello Lovelies!
Here's what i wore to town today, i had a really quick buzz round the usual shops and bought a skirt from Dorothy Perkins which I'll wear tomorrow so you'll see it!


DRESS:ASOS CURVE CARDIGAN:DOROTHY PERKINS LEGGINGS & BOOTS:EVANS

I love the dress, the only downside is; it's a bit see through so i do feel the need to wear a black tank under it. ASOS Curve is fast becoming the love of my life, and it's one of the only retailers who i have any luck in sales with.
Also, i love this cardigan for throwing over stuff when it's too warm for a coat but too cold for nothing.
I adore layering stuff, might be why winter and autumn are my favourite seasons : )
The boots were bought last year and are great for staying fashionable on wet days, i do wish they were actually black though, not "distressed black" because I'd be able to wear them with more stuff (I'm a bit of a colour coordination control freak.)

Thought I'd also just mention the necklace I'm wearing. As far as i know it was my maternal grandmother's. I never met her but this necklace is beautiful.

It has three pendants, an anchor that says Hope, a cross that says Faith and a heart that says Charity. The message of it speaks to me quite a bit, especially the hope part, I'm a big believer in optimism and hope.
I'm 99% sure it's silver and because it's quite old it has a really nice tarnished quality.
I pretty much only wear sterling silver jewellery and this is one of my favourites.
I have a lot though so will probably do an Accessories Sunday on it.

My Dad's just left for the weekend to play Ultimate Frisbee so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't rain on him but planning on having a lovely quiet weekend involving reading, lots & lots of tea, probably more shopping and definitely more blogging : )

Bye for now.
Morgaine.xx

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you styled this dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally cute! love it :)

    xxx Anika
    sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love this dress, it's gorgeous!

    http://lolarocksclothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete