Sunday 8 August 2010

Inspiration

http://www.definatalie.com/2009/06/16/how-to-love-yourself-in-8-really-hard-steps/

I can't recommend this blog enough, but this page alone is a real boost.

Stumbling across things like this really re-affirm my faith in the human race. And give me the hope and patience to sit tight and wait until the day when the majority share these views and the world is a better place for it.
It's nice to know that there are some women of substance out there, and if it was up to me they'd be on the list for a woman of the year award (because Cheryl Cole never said or did a damn thing to help or inspire me, I'm not hating, just making a point)
I think I'm lucky to be on a really good path right now in regard to my self confidence and finding out who i am and realising that i don't need the world to think I'm stunning, or a lover to validate me, or any of those things people tend to crave, to realise that I'm beautiful. To realise that everyone is beautiful.
When i was younger i was so ashamed of how i looked, i had to imagine a different reflection in the mirror just to get by. Gone are those days my friend.
I'm not 100% there yet, and i can't say i ever will be, but at least now i can actually live my life and do what i want to do, rather than be confined by the world's opinions.


Share the Love people.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!

    Looking back at this makes me remember how little self esteem I used to have because of my weight - I particularly found that talking about my body and not being ashamed that it was so different to everyone else's REALLY helped x

    ReplyDelete