Sunday 26 September 2010

OOTD: Finally

Finally an outfit post.

But also; finally a denim shirt in my wardrobe.

I love jeans, i might not wear them all that often but i love them. However initally the idea of other clothes made of denim did not convince me.
Maybe because as a younger person my eyes were subjected to this:




It took a while to break out of my denim comfort zone.
I started with a denim jacket, fashion fail on me, i don't know why i just can't work it.
I then bought a sleeveless shirt, this was a winner.
And now I own this:

BOTH TOPS:H&M JEGGINGS:EVANS SOCKS:PRIMARK
(i won't even try to justify the state of my hair, i'll just ask you to please ignore it)

I was dragging my dad round H&M yesterday when i spotted this. He'd just told me that i definately did not need lepoard print leggings in my life and the universe or something must have sensed i needed a pick me up.
It's from a straight sizes range and is a size 16. I was convinced it wouldn't fit but i genuinely could not put it back on the shelf. I stared at the amazing studding on it for ages before deciding i had to try it on. I wasn't worried about it being to tight around my middle what scared me was whether it would go round my oh so broad shoulders, and to be honest I'm not sure what I'd have done if it hadn't!
The only thing that doesn't fit is the bottom of the sleeves. They don't do up because my shoulders actually go into the arms a bit so the sleeve cuff sits too high on my arm.
Seriously, so happy it fitted!

Here's a detail shot of the studs. And my lovely matte purple nails.
They cover all across the shoulders at the back too.

I get that I've raved on and on about this baby already but can i please also just mention that it was steal at £14.99??
OK so the denim is more just jean-y coloured cotton but still, £14.99: awesome.

 How do you feel about doing something different with denim? Are you all for an ensemble a la Britney or are you a denim traditionalist?

I'm on the look out for a great long sleeve baggy denim shirt now, preferably vintage, to spice up my baggy shirts collection that is perfect for grunge-ing up outfits.
So i think it's safe to say I've busted out of my comfort zone, which is something I'm rather proud of.

Peace & Love.
Morgaine.xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love this look. I want to layer baggy shirts with tight tube skirts and leggings now! I love your style, because it's a little different from mine, a little grungier, but still classy. You make me want to try like, everything you wear, haha.

    On another note, I seriously need more denim in my life, especially shirt form. I'm jealous of your find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks elizabeth : )
    it's awesome when you see other people's styles and it makes you want to try it out. It's how i think i got to my point in style now, seeing a lot of stuff on bloggers and on the street and pushing myself to have the guts to try it.
    I think you're right about the difference in our styles, you rock a more classic almost girlie vibe; killer accessories, clinched waist, etc.

    I'm going on a bit but it;'s nice to talk about these things, a lot of my friends would just be like "Difference in style? I guess she wears more scarves than you."
    : D

    Bare in mind that if you love the whole studded vibe, with a bit of time and patience and probably some sore fingers you could do somthing like this to any good denim shirt you found...
    Just a thought.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that shirt/top thing! You look amahhzing with the make-up and the hair and the amazingly long legs. So fit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really I am liking that top. I love wearing a looser top with a tighter bottom and vice versa. I like the juxtaposition of the 2 together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks carly : ) as a general rule i always have one half tight and one half loose. otherwise i find myself feeling like a sausage or a tent.

    theresa: cheers. long legs though? never thought about the length of my legs tbh : D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look adorable! :) love the studding detail.

    xo Allison of CurvyGirlChic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that shirt's beautiful! So different. I love it! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog!

    www.curveinthemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete